Remodeling the bathroom of your mobile home for sale requires considerations that might be uncommon for a conventional home. When you remodel a room in your mobile home, you won’t have many options in terms of layout and fixtures. In addition, mobile home bathrooms are small, so you’ll also need to focus on saving as much space as possible.
With the proper knowledge, you’ll be able to perform a beautiful mobile home bathroom remodel on your own. We explain the steps involved in a professional remodel of a mobile home bathroom below.
How To Remodel A Bathroom In A Mobile Home For Sale
- Use an electronic stud finder to locate all structural studs. Unlike in conventional homes, builders may not always space studs along the standard sixteen-inch intervals in mobile homes. After locating the studs, you need to mark the positions of the stud using chalk, pencil, or another removable marker.
- Install fixtures into the studs. Orient towel racks, toilet paper holder, soap rack, and all other fixtures around the studs. As the walls of mobile homes are thinner than that of conventional homes, they cannot accommodate the plastic screw anchors, meaning that you cannot screw directly to the wall of the mobile home, but will need to use a stud.
- You may consider installing a shallow medicine cabinet that can be used as an extra storage space. The walls of a mobile home for sale are not thick enough to accommodate the standard four-inch cabinet. Instead, you should use a shallow medicine cabinet that is one or two inches deep.
- Now you may paint the walls of the mobile home bathroom as per your taste. Ensure that you apply primer before painting, as many of the mobile homes have paneled walls in place of dry walls. Paneled walls of mobile homes will have a glossy finish and need to be primed before a fresh coat of paint is applied.
- Consider installing a new sink, if it is within your budget. You may choose a sink with a shallow bowl because it will allow for more storage under it. Besides, this will not only help you maximize the overall space utilization inside the bathroom, but also help to get rid of the clutter that would otherwise rest on top of the sink.